Saturday, May 21, 2005

Was it real?

You ever wake up, not knowing if what you just dreamt was real or not.

This am - I did.

I dreamt that Curt was leaving me, there wasn't anything I could do to prevent it. There wasn't any love from him to me. And my heart was so totally broke. I didn't know what to do. There was such an emptiness and pain within me - even when I woke up....

I rolled over and hugged him to me. He asked what was wrong.

Bad dream - I dreamt you were leaving me - that there wasn't any stopping you.

As he held me in his arms, he kissed the top of my head and said, "You know, there's only one way that I would ever do that."

I know that he wants to be with his Father one day

Selfishly - I pray that it is many,many, moons away.

4 comments:

Valerie Dykstra said...

What a terrible, terrible dream. I'm glad Curt responded to it so very well. May God erase those emotions from that bad dream out of your mind.

ret said...

I hate waking up like that! There's such a relief when it sinks in that it was just a bad dream. Grateful it was just a dream...

Erin said...

How awful! We are grateful that my nightmares have ceased...now that we are married, a "bad dream" for me is that I'm cheaating on him! It even has all the qualities of nightmare, the slo-mo, the leaden legs, the awful icky feelings...he always responds well, too. I mean, how would YOU feel if your spouse rolled over and said "I dreamt I was cheating on you"?

DBW said...

I once had a dream that I accidentally shut my wife in massive walk in microwave with a frozen pizza, and liquified her. In the dream, I mopped her up with a dishtowel and wondered if I should call someone.
The dreams you have are the way your brain sorts through things.