Sunday, April 29, 2012

"streching out" 2 Sam 17:15-29, Psalm 3, 63, 2 Sam 18:1-19:30

But you, God, shield me on all sides; You ground my feet, you lift my head high; With all my might I shout up to God, His answers thunder from the holy mountain. 5-6 I stretch myself out. I sleep. Then I'm up again—rested, tall and steady, Fearless before the enemy mobs Coming at me from all sides. 7 Up, God! My God, help me! Slap their faces, First this cheek, then the other, Your fist hard in their teeth! 8 Real help comes from God. Your blessing clothes your people!(Psalm 3:3-4)

I love how His Word reminds me over and over again that He is my shield, my grounding, my pride.  I love how I am able to stretch myself out. How I am able to sleep in peace.  I love how because of Him - I am rested, tall and steady. 

The truth always comes out.  Just as in light overpowering darkness - so is truth over lies. 

I think with this whole ordeal regarding some people - it is the lies that are wearing me out.  Constantly being on guard with what enters my heart - do I or don't I believe.  Some people are a house of cards that is falling apart.  I am praying that when they hit bottom they will rebuild In Him, not in the false sense of self they have before. 

I am so thankful that He is my shield on all sides.  Even though I am standing firm In Him - I still need - need - His protection.  I am praying for discernment with words that are spoken from everyone.  I am praying for the lost souls, which are so very lost, but think they have the world by the tail.  I am praying for others not to fall victim to anger/bitterness - that they will draw strength from God. 

I love that I am free to stretch myself out

When I picture this, I see me - my arms open wide, outstretched to heaven, standing on the tips of my toes.  Trusting completely that I am completely protected.  I am totally vulnerable.  Even in the midst of this battle - I stand grounded In Him - His Truth.



I love that I hear His voice of truth over the voices of lies.

No comments: