Thursday, December 19, 2013

"Freedom to LIVE" - 12/19/13 - Hebrews 8:1-10:39

"The Blood of Christ cleans up our whole lives, inside and out. Through the Spirit, Christ offered Himself as an unblemished sacrifice, freeing us from all those dead-end efforts to make ourselves respectable, so that we can live all out for God."
(9:14-15)

Sunshine and melting snow. Small rivers running over the earth, towards the low spots in our valley.

 
I stood watching the many squirrels bounding about in the trees, thinking how nice their energy and agility would be! Their gracefulness and ease in which they leap from branch to branch. There never seems to be a fear about them. When they do fall, they are up and about very quickly.






The verses today brought to mind how our precious Savior has freed me - totally! And even though my body is aged and unable, as if I ever did have the gift of grace, my heart, soul, and spirit are now able to bound about as the squirrels - celebrating LIFE! It is my choice to drink in this freedom He has given me. To go through this life, on our journey to Heaven, to thoroughly enjoy the Fruits of The Spirit!!!



What a kiss of life He has given us "so that we can live all out for God".

No comments: