Wednesday, May 07, 2014

"Just As I Am" - 05/07/14 - 2 Samuel 7, 1 Chronicles 17

"You know me, Master God, just as I am." (2 Samuel 7:20)


How often we pretend to be someone we are not.  How often we lift up flowery, repetitive words, when all ABBA desires is raw, nakedness from within our hearts.  How often we go before Him and think He needs to be bowing before us, preforming our will, demanding, commanding and then going off in a snit when He doesn't respond as we think He should. 


Who do we think we are?  He is the creator of all.  He is the Lord of Lord.  King of Kings.  And yet, we live life as though we are above Him.  Some at times.  Some all of the time.  It is a fight that comes with being human.  As far back as Adam and Eve, it has and will always be until the end of our time or His return, the battle of "self" versus "God".  We choose who to place before all and who to worship and serve.


It is when looking at ourselves through our own eyes we will lose hope.  I know, without a doubt, I am His.  In Christ, I am covered through and through with His Blood.  His Grace.  His Mercy. 


"Through Christ" is the only way my ABBA sees me as Holy.  And only "through Christ" am I able to be with my ABBA.  My ABBA can not be a part of sin.  That is why Christ is needed.


Last night during study, Julie said her best time to converse with ABBA is in the shower.  Mine too!  I shared how I am unaware of being naked before Him, even though being naked in front of anyone sends me to nightmare city.  The shower is a constant reminder of how I am covered in and through Christ.  In my nakedness, He clothes me and I am able to stand before ABBA without shame.  Without pretense.  In confidence. 


Because of Christ, I am able to be with my ABBA in total freedom.  All that I am is already known, from Him, nothing can be hidden.  Only because of my forgiveness "through Christ" am I able to experience being totally myself before ABBA and knowing He loves me so - regardless of my sins. 


He sees me through Christ as "His Beloved" - fearfully and wonderfully made.


Words of the hymn Just as I am [transparency] : a lantern slide used ...









No comments: