Tuesday, June 10, 2014

"Rain Down Upon me" - 06/10/14 - Proverbs 22-24

 Listen carefully to My Wisdom; take to heart what I can teach you. You'll treasure Its sweetness deep within; (22:17)


Today is one of those days when it is easy to "be still and know I am God"(Psalm 46:10).


I am sitting here with the windows open, able to hear His Voice in His nature.  His water is gurgling through the downspouts, the mournful call of the doves drift in and out amongst the sound of rain, gently falling to the earth.  The tree frogs are singing in joy, different songs flow from the mouths of birds.  His cool, refreshing breeze comes in and touches my senses.  How I love the clean smell of Him. 


I receive the peace and joy in the gift of His Word as the earth receives nourishment through His rains.  How He rains down upon me - Him.  How my heart opens up and receives - Him. 


"Treasuring His sweetness deep within".

No comments: