Monday, September 15, 2014

"Miracles" - 09/15/14 - Daniel 4-6

"King Darius published this proclamation to every race, color, and creed on earth: Peace to you! Abundant peace!   I decree that Daniel's God shall be worshiped and feared in all parts of my kingdom. He is The Living God, world without end. His kingdom never falls. His rule continues eternally.   He is a Savior and Rescuer. He performs astonishing miracles in heaven and on earth. He saved Daniel from the power of the lions"(6:25-27)

I was sitting on the couch and looked up to see Curt holding Adam in his arms, there in the doorway.  Adam was laying limp and Curt's face was covered with tears, everything about him was showing the fear he had. 

Adam had been run over by his truck.

He laid him on the couch.  Adam was aware of all that was going on, talking to us, his body unhurt.  Looking back now, I think he was so frightened by Curt's reaction he remained calm. 

Curt was driving his ton truck back to the brush pile to burn brush and the boys had ridden in the back to help.  When they hit a bump, Adam flipped out and the dual back wheels ran over him.  Curt had swept him up, and ran carrying him to the house - his heart in his throat.  

I have never doubted if Curt loves his sons.  This is one moment which stands out just how much.  He had lost two brothers early on in his life, and the fear of losing one of his sons has never been far from his mind.   Death has a way of touching us and leaving its mark. 

We had removed Adam's coat to check him out and after determining he was okay, I noticed it laying on the floor.  As I spread it out, the muddy tire tracks marking their path were easy to see. 

Even today I am in awe of the miracle ABBA delivered that day.  With the sleeves spread out as though Adam were still in it, the outside wheel had run up and over his arm, right next to his head.  The mark of the inside wheel stopped in the middle of his back.  Somehow, someway, the inside wheel didn't follow the outside wheel to go over his head. 


I hope this description makes sense.  There isn't a logical explanation when looking at the tracks on his coat.  This wasn't the first time ABBA stepped in and preformed a miracle with our Adam. 


When he was in the birth canal, his heart beat started to go down drastically and an emergency C-section was preformed.  After everything was done, Adam and I were resting when Dr. Matthews came in to see us.  He told me there was nothing short of a miracle in Adam being alive.  The cord, placenta, and Adam's head were all in the birth canal trying to get out at the same time. 


Death used to scare me to the point of overwhelming me.  I would sit up through the night, just watching our Adam and Nichalas as they slept.  Afraid they would stop breathing.  Afraid they would die.  After losing two babies, I allowed my sorrow and fear to get in the way of ABBA and rob me of the joy of being a mommy.  Even of a wife. 


How much He has transformed my heart through His Word.  I draw strength from Daniel in his courage, his loyalty, his love for our ABBA.  As I imagine what it was like for him to be lowered into a pit without physical escape, surrounded by lions, I am able to see through ABBA's words, Daniel never took his focus off of ABBA.  No matter the surroundings.  The situation.  The consequences. 


What a witness.  What a warrior of our ABBA. 


I pray I may be as Daniel. 






No comments: