Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Dancing bones - 05/10/12 - Psalm 35-38

" But let me run loose and free,
celebrating God's great work,
Every bone in my body laughing, singing, "God,
there's no one like you."(Psalm 35:9-10) 

For years I would beat myself up for being so sentimental, emotional, serious and deep - until I realized that is how He created and designed me. 

I have always admired persons who are able to "let go" and not worry about what others think of them.  Who can "let go" and be themselves no matter where they are.  To laugh and be silly.  Those that can "let go" when their picture is being taken. 

If I am aware of a camera in the area, I become stiff.  And that is revealed in the photos. 

That is also how I become when I am around someone who I feel intimidated by.  That pushes my buttons.  I so want to stop doing that.  Curt and I were talking about the image we project and he said when I get into uncomfortable surrounding I don't get loud or bossy.  I become quiet and try to disappear and that comes off as stuck up and sometimes - self-righteous. 

The goal I have for my life is that when people see me - they don't - they see only Christ.  I desire so much to leave behind the bitterness and anger, lack of confidence, being consumed with "me".  I so desire to become this verse no matter the situation:


" But let me run loose and free,
celebrating God's great work,
Every bone in my body laughing, singing, "God,
there's no one like you."(Psalm 35:9-10)

I so desire that the bitterness and anger I carry doesn't get in the way of Him.

Slowly He is helping me to cast it aside - helping me to forgive and even forget.  He is helping me to step out of my comfort zone and "let go".  I am delighting in this - the feeling of freedom in not carrying that burden around.

Letting go - so that when He "takes" my picture He sees that every bone in my body is laughing and singing,

"God there's no one like you"





No comments: