Monday, June 18, 2012

Amazement - 05/11/12 - Psalm 39-41,53,55,58


You know me inside and out, you hold me together,
 you never fail to stand me tall in your presence
so I can look you in the eye." (Psalm 41:12) 

It amazes me how often I try to convince myself that He doesn't really know me............that if He did He wouldn't really love me as He says He does. 

His love - it is so unconditional, so overwhelming, so............incomprehensible. 

It isn't until I get to heaven that I will know through and through - without a doubt - the extent of His love. 

And satan loves that I can't comprehend the whole picture of His love.  he loves that I doubt, that I put myself down, beat myself up when I mess up. 

This is where the amazement comes into the picture. 

I know what I am like inside, down deep.  I know the hidden thoughts I have, the silent words I think,

I know the dirt on me. 

And in all of that "knowing", He knows me even better - through and through - "inside and out".  He "Holds me together".  He doesn't leave me in a jumbled mess.  He "holds me together". 

I think about when you hold onto something or someone who is in a mess - usually it is close to your heart.  That way you are able to use your body and your hands in "holding it together".  That is exactly where God holds me.  Close to His heart.  And when He has achieved putting me back together, He holds me at eye level and admires me.  He drinks me in.  He desires to be the center of my life. 

He loves me.

satan and self want me to believe that I have to hide from Him when I am a mess.  Through His Word I have learned truth.  He stands me at eye level to Him - so I can look Him in the eye and we can celebrate together. 

This makes me think about the connection Curt and I have.  When at a social event, across the room from each other, we can look at each other and know what the other is thinking.  Without any words - just a look. 

That is the connection I have with my Daddy. 

With just a look I know - I am His and He is mine.

No comments: