Thursday, May 24, 2012

My Defender - 04/20/12 - 2 Sam 2:1-3:5, 1 Chron 3:1-4, 2 Sam 23:8-17, 1 Chron 11:10-19, 2 Sam 23:18-39, 1 Chron 11:20-47.

"Joab and his men then marched all night, arriving in Hebron as the dawn broke".(2 Sam 2:32)

I think about how much God defends me.......and mostly I am unaware of the different ways, the extent.  When mowing or weed eating along the road, I think about angels guarding our backs against the cars coming towards us.  With a blink of an eye...........

I think about how He and His army never stop.  This verse causes me to have a vision of His vast army, marching as one, headed for battle - for me.  For His family. 

They say it is always darkest before the dawn.  It seems when we are in a trial, or valley, when it seems there is no hope - His army arrives - at dawn.  How I have to remind myself that He is always there with me - every step.  We are so unaware of the whole spiritual battle raging around us.  He isn't.  He is right there in the thick of it all - guiding, protecting, keeping the peace - my Commander in Chief. 

What a comfort I receive knowing this, that He is on the march........all night long.  That He always, always arrives as dawn breaks.  That in the death of His Son - my Savior - He arose and won the battle over the grave - over sin.  I love that I know I am on the side that won. 

That I belong to an army that is always marching, taking up the call to win others to Him. 

1 comment:

Julia said...

It is awesome that He always has our backs, even when we turn the other way. Now that is true love!