Sunday, May 06, 2012

TRUE FAMILY - 05/04/12 -1 Chron 26:1-28:21

"David continued to address Solomon: "Take charge! Take heart! Don't be anxious or get discouraged. God, my God, is with you in this; He won't walk off and leave you in the lurch. He's at your side until every last detail is completed for conducting the worship of God. You have all the priests and Levites standing ready to pitch in, and skillful craftsmen and artisans of every kind ready to go to work. Both leaders and people are ready. Just say the word." (1Chron 28:20-21)

I am so thankful that our sons know, and I mean know, the Lord.  I am so very thankful that Curt and I have brought our sons up In Him.  I am so thankful since Adam was born, God has been a constant presence and the foundation of our family. 

I am so thankful that He is with them always.  That they aren't ever without Him.  It's a great big world out there.  One that isn't always fair, or kind, or pretty.  But, I do know that our sons look for the good in all situations - they count their blessings.

I take this verse, not only for them, but for myself as well.  In all areas of life - God is here with me.  With both Curt and I.  I was thinking about all the work He has lined up for us, how are we going to get it done!  If I allowed myself to take my focus off of Him, I would be most anxious and stressed!  I haven't even gotten our April end of the month billing done!  Planning to this week.  Have to - or we won't get paid!!! 

What I really love most about these verses is, "He won't walk off and leave you in the lurch".  He's the captain of the ship and no matter what - He stays with it. 

"He's at my side until every last detail is completed for the worship of God." 

This doesn't just pertain to a building - it also pertains to your heart.  That's what He desires - my heart.  He wants it to be completely in worship of Him. 

As I strive towards this goal, I look around and see the "family" of craftsmen and artisans He has supplied in my life to help this become a reality.  I see how He also provided "His family" for the kids in their new homes.  Although I miss them like crazy, I have such a peace knowing He has them where He needs them to be planted.  Just like Curt and myself.  We all follow His lead - and He is using us. 



"His family" - no matter where we are or go.  All we have to do is, "say the word" and they'll come running.  That's how He works  - He doesn't just horn in - He waits to be invited in.

All we have to do is, "say the word".



No comments: