Sunday, December 16, 2012

"Shaped up" - 12/16/12 - 2 Timothy 2:1-4:18

"Through the Word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us."(3:17)

One of the things I am learning about faith is that as it grows - fear diminishes.  As faith grows - sin doesn't have as many footholds as it once did.  Fear used to be ever present in my life.  Because of my past, I have always been afraid of anger.  Of conflict. 

It used to be when I was out in public and someone across the store was arguing, I would be afraid that they would turn to look at me, blame me for their predicament.   I was always afraid that I wouldn't measure up, be able to do the task at hand.  It was too easy to beat myself up over a situation, to lack confidence that I was good at something. 

This is one of the greatest gifts I have gained from being in His Word.  He has "put me together and shaped me up - for the tasks He has for me".  He has prepared me.  Equipped me.  Designed me.  Put me where He needs me to be.  He has given me an instruction manual.  I am not walking blind or confused.

 Instead of walking in fear - I walk in excitement.  I look forward to what is around the next corner.  I walk hand in hand with Him as we celebrate this journey together.  He is giving me comfort and encouragement in seeing that, although I am not perfect, there are quite a few successful tasks behind me. 

And all because of Him.  Of Him using me as a vessel for Him.   In our marriage, our children, our relationships with family, friends.  In our business.  In all of my life. 

So, when the time comes that I doubt, focus on fear, He reminds me that I can stand firm in His Word - on and in Him.  He has promised me I am prepared for that task. 

No matter what that task is.

No comments: