Thursday, February 14, 2013

‎"Made of the Best Materials" - 02/13/13 - Exodus 37:1- 39:31

Throughout the verses today, it describes the materials involved when constructing The Tabernacle.  Acacia Wood is commanded to be used in the building of so many things. It is prized for its extreme durability and the grains' "flame-like" appearance. When different light is shone on it - it can change color. It can be cleaned with water - so dense it won't permeate it. Untreated it can last up to 40 years. Not prone to scraping, holds up to hard use, doesn't need coddled. Resistant to fungus - which causes rot. Extract is used to help endurance of other cheaper woods.

Most of the Acacia wood was then to be covered with a veneer of gold. Pure gold is very soft. It is one of the few pure metals that is yellow. Chemically unaffected by air, moisture, corrosion. Most malleable and ductile of all metals. One single gram can be beaten to a sheet of 1 sq. meter. An ounce can be beaten into 3000 square feet. Gold leaf can be beaten so thin it is translucent, which appears greenish blue because it strongly reflects yellow and red. It is used as an infrared shield. Readily creates alloys with many other metals,, which then modify it to be utilized in different ways. Gold has been a valuable and highly sought-after precious metal for coinage, jewelry, and other arts since long before the beginning of recorded history. Gold standards have been the most common basis for monetary policies throughout human history.

Acacia wood. He knew this was the best wood to withstand the travel, the weather conditions, take down/put up, the journey. Just like with us.

Our foundation must be made of "Acacia wood".

Only He can make us extremely durable through His Word, the Holy Spirit within us, Sabbath time with Him. Only by giving up "self" and becoming one with Him do I become "the most durable" for my life's journey. It has to be His "Acacia Wood". All the qualities it holds, can be mine too. The durability, the beauty, originality - so many things that are found only in this type of wood. Such beauty in His inner works.

And then to cover it in gold. It amazes me that they were able to construct all of this in the middle of the desert, in a tent city. To be able to obtain materials needed - no local lumberyard! The gold - another miracle. From the Egyptians. As early as 2600 BC Egyptian hieroglyphs claimed gold was "more plentiful as dirt". It is first mentioned in Gen 2:11. He provided all the resources needed to build this sanctuary - in the desert - in a tent city.

And it brings to mind how He provided the resources which transformed my "tent" into Acacia Wood - His sanctuary. How He has covered my "Acacia Wood" in His gold. Valuable and highly sought after by Him. Precious. His Gold standards I strive to live by.

How in my sacrificing of self, my King of Kings has turned me into His Golden princess.


It takes my breath away knowing that when He looks at me - He only sees beauty. He is so proud of me. He is so in love with me. He desires to be with me. All the things I see, think when I look at our sons - He feels so many times over for me.

I so love that I am the daughter of The King.

No comments: