Friday, February 15, 2013

‎"Simon Says" - 02/14/13 - Exodus 39:32-40:38, Numbers 9:15-23

"They stayed in camp, obedient to God’s command, as long as the Cloud was over The Dwelling, but the moment God issued orders they marched. If the Cloud stayed only from sunset to daybreak and then lifted at daybreak, they marched. Night or day, it made no difference—when the Cloud lifted, they marched. It made no difference whether the Cloud hovered over The Dwelling for two days or a month or a year, as long as the Cloud was there, they were there. And when the Cloud went up, they got up and marched. They camped at God’s command and they marched at God’s command. They lived obediently by God’s orders as delivered by Moses." (Numbers 9:20-23)


Remember the game of "Simon Says"?  Only if putting "Simon Says" at the end of the command were you to move. Otherwise, if you did move, you were out of the game.  Sometimes, "Simon" would cheat and claim he did or didn't say "Simon Says".  Then it became a  game of confusion and dissolved into arguing, hurt feelings - division. 

In  "living" there are so many things that come up that do not seem fair.  Causing drama - hurt feelings - division.  These are the times I need to focus on His face in trust and faith that He is the one in control.  satan is trying to bully his way into the leadership role so we will follow his instructions.  he doesn't want any winners for God.  To him it is a game and his whole goal is destruction. 

To satan - we are just pawns.  To him - this "game" is really between him and God.  We are only tools that he is using to hurt God in the way he knows hurts Him the most.  Because God loves us that much.  Think about all the times that satan inflects his evil on us, it is usually where it hurts the most.  When he hurts us - it hurts God even more so. 

Because God loves us that much.

The people were to stay or march at God's command and they obeyed.  Their eyes were focused on His cloud.  They were always at the ready - "it made no difference—when the Cloud lifted, they marched." 

How at the ready am I to march?  Do I become so comfortable when He has me stay that I lose focus and am not "at the ready".  Is my heart so in tune in Him that I am seeing every opportunity He places before me to be a disciple?  While I am "staying", am I preparing to march?  Or am I just sitting back and enjoying my comfort zone.  I need to be fortifying myself at all times in His Word.  The times when I go through the trials and tribulations of life, I need to remember that I am hopeless in myself.  That always I am able to lay hold of my Daddy who is mighty and whose faithfulness surrounds Him.  Knowing, without doubt, that He is working out His purpose, a far greater purpose than I can conceive, if I will only keep my focus on Him and not myself, I will see His glory in all situations. 

Regardless of if I am staying or marching, I know my life is not a game to Him; it has an eternal purpose He is working out for my good and His glory.

I am so thankful that I serve a Daddy who doesn't play games.  Who doesn't lie, or cheat, or play favorites with His children.  That He wants all of us to be winners. 

No comments: