Friday, August 30, 2013

"Targeted" - 05/01/13 - 2 Samuel 22:1-51, Psalm 18

"You saved me from the bullies.
    That’s why I’m thanking you, God,
    all over the world." (Psalm 18:48)
















In becoming more Christlike, which the world views as a weakness, bullies tend to target those persons even more.  It amazes me the arrogance bullies have, which is often a cover for their own weaknesses. 

There is an art to being a bully.  They have manipulation and lying down to a science, turning things around so the victim is often the one who is blamed.  They have a power.  Often creating a cast of puppets, their own personal army, to help carry out their acts over those they have set their sites on.  They also use their own measuring stick and double standards to rule over their little empire. 

The bullies make themselves king or queen.

I can recall many incidents in my past, in which I felt scared, alone, helpless, defensive, wronged, angry, controlled, and powerless.  The manipulation and lies that came from the bullies, resulted in my being beat, ganged up on, threatened, ridiculed, and being the scapegoat from something I didn't do. 

My words in defense were cast aside, the bully was believed to speak in Truth. 

Even when their fruits proved otherwise. 

Even when they were actually caught in their lie. 

For some reason, their "puppets" choose not to see the evidence of truth.

God helped me see that I was doubting the fact that He was bigger than any of my bullies.  In ways I used to stand in fear, I now stand in Godfidence.  My faith has grown to trust Him in all situations.  His Spirit enables me to see myself In His Light, when I am surrounded by the darkness of bullies. 

Before God transformed my heart and vision, I felt I needed to change.  To become whatever the bullies wanted me to be, so that I would be accepted.  So that I would not be a target. 

He has caused me to recognize so many things about bullies.  Whatever I did or how I changed, it would never be enough for the bully to be satisfied.  It was their power they had over me.  I would have to become their puppet - I would have to give up standing in His Truth and stand in their lies.  Often times, when they attack, I am reminded of a barking dog.  Some will bite if you stand up to them, but most often they turn and run with their tail between their legs. 

God has given me His Armor in which I dress myself in every day.  He has taken away from me the desire to belong or please the bully and their army. 

I am so thankful that He has taken away my fear of them. 

No longer do they hold any - any - power over me. 





No comments: