Friday, November 29, 2013

"Bubbles over = Little of Heaven" - 11/29/13 - 2 Corinthians 2:5-6:13

"The Spirit of God whets our appetite by giving us a taste of what’s ahead. He puts a little of heaven in our hearts so that we’ll never settle for less." (5:5)



In the Spirit of Thanksgiving, what is your "Little of Heaven"? 


This morning as I was getting ready to head out with Curt and Adam, I kept smiling reflecting back on yesterday.  My cup runneth over.  Even though Nichalas and Amber weren't here with us, I still had "little of Heaven" throughout my day.  As I do every day.

It occurred to me, how His Glory prevails over all.  In giving up anger and bitterness, forgiving as He has, I am able to focus and be who He created me to be.  I am able to see those He has put into my path through His eyes.  To see the opportunity to be His Vessel, where He has me planted.   To be thankful for all things.

His love is able to bubble out of me! 

No holding it back. 

Instead of a feeling sorry for myself or being defensive, from being in a situation where I do not feel safe, He has eliminated, for the time being,  trying to use us as His Vessel in an unhealthy atmosphere.  We have presented truth more than once, and it has been rejected.  ABBA is having us continue to pray and love these persons from a distance. 

Yesterday, He filled the moments we would have spent with them, with so many others!  Making new memories, talking,  laughing, receiving hugs, kisses, being treasured,, cherished, encouraged. - being safe!  I marvel at knowing, before time began, He knew who it would be that I would be spending my Thanksgiving with.

Whom He needed me to be with - for Him.

Reflecting not only on my yesterday, but all the days behind, I love how He uses me.   How He encourages me. in so many moments, with more than  a "little of Heaven".   

No comments: