Wednesday, November 06, 2013

"???'s - Who Has The Answers" - 11/06/13 - Matthew 28:16-20, Mark 16:12-18, Luke 24:13-49, John 20:19-21:25

 

 “Don’t be upset,
                 and don’t let all these doubting questions take over."  (Luke 24:37)







We were sitting at tables, in a semi-circle, listening to information regarding the new health care laws.  I was saddened in how Medicare is cutting back on certain things, making it so the clients would have to pay for what they need. 











How all signs are pointing to even more cutbacks in the future.  I was saddened in how the events of our country (and world) are making lives only valuable by what they are able to contribute in ways of the almighty dollar.  How even more lives are becoming expendable. 







Most of the persons in the group were amputees. 




Not one of them voluntarily put themselves up to become this way, but all of them offer up their best with what they are living with. 

During the course of the meeting, there wasn't one who I considered "unworthy" to a better quality of life.  But, it isn't up to me, or any other human, to be the judge of that. 





                                                                   Although many do.

 
 
 
 
It maddens me at what one person has deemed unnecessary to pay for, trickles down to make so many lives that much harder.  A shower seat for someone unable to stand or sit without the use of a cane, crutches, or artificial limb.  New crutches every two years, for someone who uses them every walking moment during their days.  And last time I knew, 365 days make up one year - that is more steps than can be counted - each step causing wear and tear because they are putting the majority of their body weight on them.  Why?  Because they are replacing a limb they once had, which enabled them to be mobile without the aid of the crutches. 





During the course of the evening, the ripple effect of the health care expenses was discussed.  I saw first hand the example of youth believing it was a "hypothetical"  situation and could tell he didn't believe it would become a reality.   He was the youngest, surrounded by the older, and I wondered how many of them thought that way during the past years of economic recessions.   But then, how many of all ages still believe there isn't going to be an end to life as we know it and aren't preparing for it? 





As questions came out, so did fear.






 ABBA spoke to me, during our devotion time today, “Don’t be upset, and don’t let all these doubting questions take over."

And I smiled.

Again, He reminded me, there isn't anything new under the sun.  He is in complete control, all I have to do is remain strong in my faith and trust.  He will take care of the rest. 

Picking up fear, will allow doubt to seep in. 

All I do know about the future, is all I need to know,

He is "I AM" and that covers everything



Everything


Christ said to His disciples, "So thick-headed! So slow-hearted! Why can’t you simply believe all that the prophets said?", in reference to His rising from the grave, in being The Messiah. 

How often am I also as they? 

When I allow doubt to seep in, bringing all the questions. 










When I become so focused on the questions, I am blind to the answer



                                                                      Him


No comments: