Thursday, February 27, 2014

"At the Ready" - 02/27/14 - Numbers 8-10

They camped at God's command and they marched at God's command. They lived obediently by God's orders as delivered by Moses. (9:23)


Right now, I am laying on the bed and Curt is sitting in a chair at the foot.  We are both reading His Word to begin our day.  The space we are in is a small 8 x 10 KOA cabin, containing a full sized bed, bunk beds, small desk, bookshelf, night stand, heater, air conditioner, couple of lamps.  Last night we were imagining living in this tight of space.  Could we do it?  We are so accustomed to space.  Of having more than enough.  Of being comfortable. 


Camping Cabins


The Israelites were living in tents.  All of their possessions with them.  They were also living in a state of being "at the ready".  Not ever knowing how long God would have them stay in an area.  There may have been times when they were just starting to "feel at home", and then the bugles would sound and packing up would begin.  They probably were living as a family in an area this small or smaller.


Our trip has caused me to ponder on if I am living "at the ready" or am I settled in with the blessings He rains down upon me.  Am I listening for His bugle to sound?  Is my whole being caught up in listening, watching His lead or am I distracted by this world.  This world, like the desert the Israelites journeyed through to the Promised Land. 


I am not thinking so much about the physical aspect of my life, but the spiritual.  Am I listening for His bugle or am I complacent in the desert of this world and its routine. 


Just wondering and praying - am I living life in the desert on my way to Heaven or am I setting down roots? 











No comments: