Saturday, January 09, 2016

"On The Other Side" - 01/09/16 - Job 21-23



“But He is singular and sovereign. Who can argue with Him?
He does what he wants, when He wants to.
He’ll complete in detail what He’s decided about me,
and whatever else He determines to do.
Is it any wonder that I dread meeting Him?
Whenever I think about it, I get scared all over again.
God makes my heart sink!
God Almighty gives me the shudders!
I’m completely in the dark,
I can’t see my hand in front of my face.” (23:13-17)




How thankful I am He has placed me on the other side of The Cross - in The New Covenant.  I acknowledge our God is singular and sovereign. 
I acknowledge He is in control.


"To do what He wants, when He wants to"
ummmm. 
There are moments I resent this fact.




We serve a God of Love. 

When He created man, it wasn't with the intent of destroying them. 
It was because He desired us to be with Him, He has given us free choice.  He doesn't want puppets on strings.  He desires we will love Him because we want to - not by force.  (Which by the way,  isn't love.)

Through His Word we are given the gift to know Him intimately.   I find no place in Scripture He enjoys the killing of people who sin.  Have you ever wondered why Christ hasn't come back?  It is so we may win as many to Him - before it is too late. 

He already knows the choices I will make.  He knows some of the consequences of those choices I will have to live through.  And just like Job, as His daughter,  I live under His umbrella of protection shielding me from the full out consequences of those choices.  All of us who live on this world will have to suffer from the sin surrounding us here.  But God protected Job's soul - just like He does to all who belong to Him.  There is nothing -  except my rejection of Him - that can separate my soul from Him.

"Is it any wonder that I dread meeting Him?
Whenever I think about it, I get scared all over again.
God makes my heart sink!
God Almighty gives me the shudders!
I’m completely in the dark,
I can’t see my hand in front of my face.”

These verses so break my heart.  I am so in love with my Daddy!  I know at any time I may climb up into His lap.  I know, without doubt, He is always holding me in the palm of His hand.  He has the hairs on my head numbered, my tears are in a bottle.   He delights in me. 

He is my bestest friend. 
I live in His light. 

My heart breaks for those who do not know Him - intimately.  Those who are "completely in the dark" during their journey through this world, as I once walked. 

"God Almighty gives me the shudders!"

Quite the opposite - My Daddy gives me joy - strength - hope - blessings - peace - understanding - delight - security - so much more.

 So Christians in a state of Grace need not fear God's wrath. I John 4:17-18 says:

 "In this way Love is perfected among us, so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like Him. 
 There is no fear in Love, for perfect Love casts out fear,
because fear has to do with punishment.
The one who fears is not made perfect in love".

Those who are perfected in His Love will have humble confidence on Judgement Day and always. Perfect Love drives out all fear of Divine punishment."

On the other side of The Cross - Our Daddy - Our ABBA - He gives us LIFE.

No comments: