Saturday, March 05, 2016

"HIs Living Word" - 03/05/16 - Numbers 23-25



"The utterance of him who hears the words of God,
And has the knowledge of The Most High,
Who sees the vision of The Almighty,
Who falls down, with eyes wide open" (24:16)

"All Scripture is given by Inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:1-17)

"Before I invited Christ to lead my life, I thought The Bible was just another book.  I knew it was popular and included some good teachings, but I thought of it as a book of legends that happened to teach moral lessons.  In fact, The Bible was so unimportant to me that when I needed a copy to prepare for a debate, I had to go into my basement and rummage through a box of stored books that I wasn't sure I would ever read.

But, then it happened.  I started reading The Bible - The Gospels, to be specific - and God's Living Word pierced my heart.  Waves of Truth washed over me, and I knew for sure that The Words I was reading were true and that Jesus was real.  At that moment my spirit was resuscitated, and I was born again.  And I was never the same again!

That was by far the most important change that God's Word has brought into my life.  However, over the decades since, His Truths have directed my steps and instructed me how to live.  Here is one of the most amazing benefits that you and I, as children of God, can have:  His Holy Word will speak to our spirits and bring about inspiration, motivation, understanding, and change.  It's as if we have a backstage pass to access the hidden , mysteries of our faith life.  As we open our hearts and minds to Him, we receive abundant downloads of Truth so our lives (and hearts and minds) can be transformed.

As you study God's Word during your time of prayer, recognize that The Bible is not "just another book"  The Word is alive.  Every precept comes from The Most High and Holy God.  He has created this instruction manual for us - His people - so we can live the amazing life He has designed for us.

That's Great News!!!"

copied Susan Gregory - The Daniel Fast daily devotions.

 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments: