Wednesday, February 08, 2012

02/08/12 - Sabbath

Exodus 23:12 "Work for six days and rest the seventh so your ox and donkey may rest and your servant and migrant workers may have time to get their needed rest."

Nichalas, a few years ago, taught me of the importance of taking Sabbath. He was so right. Our society has come so far away from taking a Sabbath - to rest daily IN Him - IN His Word - a time to worship, the adoration and praise of God. Too busy, too selfish, too "self". Everything worldly points to hurry up, just do it, fill every minute up with work, school, activities, etc. Just go, go, go. And satan loves that.

And the more "busy" we become, the less Sabbathing we do. Too fast, too soon is the speed of life. Before you know it you're looking back and realizing you are past middle age. Less time ahead of you than behind. How much of that living was spent Sabbathing?

We are told to pray without ceasing. Do I? For the past 12 years I have tried to Sabbath each morning In Him. The heart transformation I have experienced through being in His Word every day is mind blowing. It has helped me so much in not being anxious, to let go of "my" schedule and follow Him. Too see that all will work out.

Whenever I see someone who is on constant go, looking anxious, tired, frazzled, I just want to shout, "Stop - Sabbath In Him".

I know it doesn't make sense, so much about Him doesn't. That is where the faith, trust, and focus come in as your tools. Amazing how when I spend a block of time resting in Sabbath with Him every day, it begins. The peace and joy. The fruits of the Spirit take hold and rule my life. Priorities change. Things are accomplished. I am blessed with a structured life even in the middle of this chaotic world. And I find the world looks on in wonder because it really should not work that way. Taking time to Sabbath In Him should put me behind and it only puts me ahead.

You have to Sabbath.

1 comment:

Endless Yattering said...

I didn't get onto my blog yesterday, but I did the reading and wrote in my journal. I was struck by Exodus 23:2. "Thou shalt not follow the multitude to do eveil: neither shalt thou yield in judgement, to the opinion of the most part, to stray from the truth." It is such a timely remminder for me, in light of the attacks on freedom from the HHS dept, and the issues with Komen vs Planned Parenthood, and the cultural war on the family...praying for fortitude...