Monday, February 13, 2012

02/13/12 Color


Exodus 37:1-39:31

Color - gold, silver, bronze, blue, purple, and scarlet. Even mirrors to reflect.

As I sit here at our kitchen table, looking out the window, His blanket of snow is beginning to cover the earth. Steadily falling straight down, peaceful and serene. The blanket of white filling in the nooks and crannies of the trees. The contrast against the dark wood is making the graceful, beautiful lines stand out. It looks like a snow globe. And within a few weeks - there will be a riot of color popping out. Pinks, reds, white, yellow, and purple in all different tones.

I love to look at peoples' eyes. The color. Curt has eyes that are a Caribbean sea blue green - just beautiful. They say Elizabeth Taylor's were purple. Our skin tones, the beauty of brown, black, tan, red, white.

I love how He created color. How He created the different senses. I love how He created things for our senses to enjoy. The smell of perfume, freshly washed baby, clothes from the line, the skin of your child. Taste of chocolate first thing in the morning exploding in your mouth, home cooking, desserts. To feel the touch of a loved one, a hug from someone you miss, the squeeze of a hand. To see and soak in the beauty of those you love, the colors, the bright eyes when you are seen. To hear, "I love you", the call of, "mommy", the sound of a child's laughter.

He could have made everything without colors, scents, feel or sound. He didn't. God told Moses exactly what materials and colors to use. Only the best and finest. His Word, His nature, His creations, His people, all tell me He loves color. It amazes me how He utilizes all the same "equipment" and yet no one looks exactly alike out of all His creations.

Our Abba is a God of color, joy, love, laughter - celebration.

My Abba - He gives me treasures for my senses.

No comments: