Thursday, October 11, 2012

"‎Vomit up" - 10/10/12 - John 6:22-71, Mark 7:1-23, Matthew 15:1-20

Jesus replied, “You, too? Are you being willfully stupid? Don’t you know that anything that is swallowed works its way through the intestines and is finally defecated? But what comes out of the mouth gets its start in the heart. It’s from the heart that we vomit up evil arguments, murders, adulteries, fornication's, thefts, lies, and cussing. That’s what pollutes. Eating or not eating certain foods, washing or not washing your hands—that’s neither here nor there.”(Matthew 15:16-20)

Fruit of self. 

What we really are inside comes out - can't hide it forever.  Even if only at home - your children will be what you really are - they learn from example. 

God sees all, knows all.  You could go to the grave fooling mankind, but not God.  Some people who are "so good" all their lives, change when older.  I really don't think they have changed  - too old to keep up the false cover or they no longer care or no longer can hide what they really are. 

Taking the high road - His road - has helped me in the process of letting go, forgiving and moving on.  So thankful that my heart has the fruits of the spirit and it is replacing the rotten fruit that is inside of me. 

Vomiting up that which is not of Him - purging me - making me clean. 

Not a very pretty picture - but a necessity of life - if I want my fruit to be of Him.  Cutting out the cancer to save me. 

"Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me and know my anxious thoughts;
 And see if there be any evil way in me,
And lead me in the everlasting way."(Psalm 139:23-24)

No comments: