Friday, May 08, 2015

"ABBA makes" - 05/08/15 - Psalm 25, 29, 33, 36, 39

God makes His people strong.
God gives His people peace."(Psalm 29:11)

I have realized more than ever this year my body is really aging.  I have also realized how very much I need Curt and Adam and their physical strength in our business.  I am unable to do all I used to do. 

Frustrating.

ABBA has removed that frustration and replaced it with total thankfulness. 

I grew up on a farm and was the oldest child. Even though I only weighed 115 - I was strong for a girl.  I was raised working hard - lifting heavy stuff - taking care of livestock - running equipment -  I was my dad's "boy".  I believed my "worth" was in my strength and how hard I could work, which unfortunately I still struggle with.  In my "worth" struggle, it has been a sign of weakness to depend so much on Curt.  I sometimes even forget he is a man whom ABBA has designed to be much stronger than I am or ever have been.  He also has greater endurance than I do/did.

ABBA has helped me realize it isn't a sign of weakness to depend on Curt to carry more of the physical weight in the business.  We do work well together and I am able to carry my share of the work.  He said the other day when I asked him, he doesn't feel like he is carrying me.  The scripture about the cord of three can not be broken reminds me of Curt, myself and God.  In all of our areas of life.

The turning day came a few years ago while we were mowing at Aldi's. We have our timing down for each job site when we both start out together on our different tasks, we end up being done at the same time and I was delayed because of a phone call I had to answer.    Due to "my" schedule being interrupted, I was behind as I took off with the little mower while Curt was ahead using the weed eater. 


Behind the store on a rather steep hill are evergreens where we use the little mower to get up underneath of the branches.  As I started to mow around one, Curt came to the top of the hill weed eating.  Suddenly he stopped and motioned for me to come up beside him.  I turned off the mower and went up.  He pointed to the branches of the tree I was about to mow under and there was a swarm of bees.  There were so many of them that the large branch was bent down and almost touching the ground - right at the level the mower would have been, if he hadn't of appeared at the top of the hill to stop me.  The swarm was at least 1' x 4'.


ABBA knew before He created the world about those bees, about my phone call, about Curt being ahead of "my" schedule on the weed eater.  He knew I would/am depending on Curt for strength in more ways than physical.  He knew at that moment, Curt would be saving my life.  Looking back, I doubt if I would have survived being stung by that many bees. 

Curt supports, encourages, looks out for, loves - me.  He is my best friend and how much I love sharing our lives, our sons/daughter, our home and our business with.  I am so thankful I don't have to do it on my own - nor do I want to.  Through my Curt, I have been made stronger.  Through my Curt, we have achieved more than I ever could have on my own.  Not only in the business, but also in the spiritual and emotional aspects of our lives.

I so desire to share the all of life with my Curt.

 ABBA knew, through the thanksgiving I have for my husband, it would be one of the many ways for me to find peace. 

It is through the gift of my Curt, ABBA has shown me I grow stronger in the all of me through depending on Him.  It is in my ABBA I have my worth.  Not my strength.  Not my Curt.  Not anything I am able to do - nor this world.  It is only through Him. 

God makes "me", His people strong.
God gives "me", His people peace."

 

No comments: