Tuesday, May 05, 2015

"My Chaser" - 05/05/15 - Psalm 1-2, 15, 22-24, 47, 68

"Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life.  
I'm back home in the house of God

for the rest of my life."(Psalm 23:6)


When I was seventeen, I moved from a town of maybe 100 people to Chicago.  The very naïve farm girl was in the middle of the big city - very big city.  A few years ago when Nichalas and Amber were living there, I was there visiting and we went downtown.  On a whim we walked through the old building I used to work in.  It amazed me after 33 years much of it was the same.  I worked for a freelance logo designer.  It was a very fun job, but the hours weren't 9-5.  "Back then" we would take different pictures in stores for ideas, presentations to the clients were done throughout the regular working hours and at night we would do the layouts, drawing, etc.  There wasn't photo shop back then - everything was pretty much from scratch and by hand.  I really enjoyed the work and the hours didn't bother me. 

At the time, I lived in a suburb and would take the train home.  Many, many times to save money, I would walk across downtown to catch the last train home - usually after midnight.  To save time - I would cut through alleys, side streets, etc.  I was so naïve - it didn't occur to me the dangers I was walking though.  

Today - I kinda miss looking at the world through those innocent eyes.

Many, many times over the years when I think about how many, many, many times I walked through "dangerous places" - it is without a doubt I know His hedge of protection was about me. 


It still is. 
I often say that my guardian angels probably have gray hair or no hair from all the stress I put them through! 

When I think about the darkness of the alley's I cut through, I can see that His light always around  me. In my minds eye, I can actually see His bright light following me through my memories.  I once heard that there is no such thing as darkness, only the void of light.  


His light was always there.

Is always here. 

No matter how dark I feel it is - His light is there - somewhere - I just need to "focus" on it. 

My heart is overwhelmed to see "He always chased after me." 

My heart is so thankful I came to my senses and let Him capture me.

 My heart is so secure in knowing " I'm back home in the house of God for the rest of my life."

No comments: