Thursday, May 11, 2017

"His Flowers" - 05/11/17 - Isaiah 54-58



"Pay attention, come close now, listen carefully to My life-giving, life-nourishing words. I'm making a lasting covenant commitment with you, the same that I made with David: sure, solid, enduring Love." (55:3)


"Just as rain and snow descend from the skies and don't go back until they've watered the earth, doing their work of making things grow and blossom, producing seed for farmers and food for the hungry. So will the words that come out of My mouth not come back empty-handed. They'll do the work I sent them to do, they'll complete the assignment I gave them. "So you'll go out in joy, you'll be led into a whole and complete life. The mountains and hills will lead the parade, bursting with song. All the trees of the forest will join the procession, exuberant with applause. No more thistles, but giant sequoias, no more thorn bushes, but stately pines - Monuments to Me, to God, living and lasting evidence of God." (55:10-13)


Due to our "winter" being over the first of March this year,  we hit the ground running and haven't stopped.  Nor do I see a slow down in the near future.  It is a blessing from our ABBA to supply the work for His business, but it is causing me to rethink planting many annuals at our home this year.  Each day I am thinking about wearing blinders as we travel down our drive so as not to see all the work needed done at our home.  Our war with the woods isn't in our favor right now in its quest to reclaim areas we have cleared out.  There is landscaping to be done, bushes to be trimmed, even a yard to be mowed.  I am reminded of the cobbler whose family never has shoes, but all of the clients do!  

Our ABBA has been leading me over the past few years to plant more perennials than annuals. Once they are established, I don't have to water them as frequently.  Unlike the annuals, some of which need water every day depending on where they are planted and how hot it is.  And although I love the pops of color with annuals, there are too many times at the end of a work day when I just don't have the time, daylight or energy to water them. 

It has been through the love of gardening He has shown how I am a mix of perennial and annual.

As an annual, I need His Water - aka His Word - each and every day.
I need His Word for strength to endure the heat of the battle which makes me weak. 
I need His Word to grow the perennial roots within me to stand strong "in" Him.
I need His Word as fertilizer, root stimulator, weed preventative in this garden of life.
I need His Word so I may come back stronger after the season of winter, able to grow in the season of spring.
I need His Word to bloom where I am planted.
I need His Word to reproduce Him in my seeds.

I love how The Holy Spirit is the wind carrying the seeds of Him when I am in the season of harvest, so others may grow in Him.

I love being one of His in His Family Garden of many flowers.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments: