Friday, May 12, 2017

"We. His Delight" - 05/12/17 - Isaiah 59-63


"You’ll get a brand-new name
    straight from the mouth of God.

You’ll be a stunning crown in the palm of God’s hand,
    a jeweled gold cup held high in the hand of your God.


No more will anyone call you Rejected,
    and your country will no more be called Ruined.


You’ll be called Hephzibah (My Delight),
    and your land Beulah (Married),


Because God delights in you
    and your land will be like a wedding celebration.


For as a young man marries his virgin bride,
    so your builder marries you,


And as a bridegroom is happy in his bride,
    so your God is happy with you." (62:2-5)




Sometimes, I wonder what my new name will be.  Will it be a name I have never heard, can't even begin to pronounce?  It marvels me knowing our ABBA is taking the time to name each of us with a name which perfectly suits us.  A name given to us by He who knows us through and through.


How we struggle in believing the worlds words and treatment as truth or believing His Word as The Truth. 

In this life, the world has named us "a burden".  How very thankful to find I am actually His "Blessing".  His "Beloved".  The world's view is ever changing because of its double standards.  It is when we live by the world, we will view and name ourselves and those about us as "a burden".


There isn't anyone who knows us better than He does, nor is there anyone who Loves us more than He does.  

How much our ABBA desires when coming up against the world and the words of lies it is continually shouting at each of us,  when we choose to stand in and on His Truth.  

For each of us to have His Word tucked within our hearts. 

To know and believe. 

"Because God delights in me
    and my land will be like a wedding celebration.
For as a young man marries his virgin bride,
    so my builder married me,
And as a bridegroom is happy in his bride,
    so my God is happy with me."



Our Abba calls us Hephzibah  (His Delight),
    and our land Beulah (Married). 











No comments: