Monday, October 02, 2017

"All or Nothingness" - 10/02/17 - 2 Chronicles 25-27





"He did what was right in the eyes of the LORD, but not wholeheartedly." (25:2)


 


Each fall it catches my eye when looking out into our woods.  Its blood red leaves standing out brightly against the fading greens and browns.  It is the only time I fleetingly enjoy this plant.  A plant I have come to hate. 
 
Yes, I know this is a strong emotion for just a plant, but it has been nine years now that I have been working in our gardens and fighting its invasive nature.  The Virginia creeper . Looking about in our woods, I can see it has reached the tops of many trees and in time it eventually will choke the life out of the plants it is wrapping itself around.  Clinging to any nook and cranny.  Getting a foothold.  I know this winter, when the vegetation is gone, we need to be out cutting and spraying.  No matter how many of the little plants I pull, vines I tear out, unless it is killed from the main trunk, it will continue to send out creepers, above and underground, taking over any territory. 
 
Much like sin.  satan, the father of lies, presents sin in a way that catches our eye in a flash of beauty and it isn't until our ABBA removes the rose-colored glasses are we able to see the deadly darkness sin really is. 
 
The times we tolerate, totally unaware -  sin is getting a foothold. 
Those times we do "what was right in the eyes of The LORD, but not wholeheartedly". 
 
The only way our ABBA wants us - is wholeheartedly.
 
He wants us to be head over heels in love with Him - as He is with us. 
To desire to be with Him each moment .  each second.  just as He does with us.   
He wants to be the center of our world.  our thoughts.  our everything.  Just as we are to Him.
 
He wants to be our one and only God.
 
"Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me."(Psalm 51:10) is my daily prayer, but just like the Virginia creeper, sin will come in and choke the life out of us as soon as we let our focus fall away from Him.   
 
Before we know it, we are serving Him without the whole of our heart. 
Our ABBA. Our Savior.  The Holy Spirit.  His Word.  His Family.  
They are the only "weed killer" that works - permanently.

I strive with all that I am to spend my time with our "Master Gardner",  helping me to be rid of the "Virginia creepers".  It is my desire for the garden of my heart to be "wholeheartedly devoted to God" and I have found He is the best "weed" defense there is.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: