Monday, March 18, 2013

‎"56 and counting" - 02/23/13 - Leviticus 20:1-22:33

 “Set yourselves apart for a holy life. Live a holy life, because I am God, your God. Do what I tell you; live the way I tell you. I am the God who makes you holy."     (20:7-8)

This is the day "my Curt" turns 56.  This is a day that marks another year that I have been blessed with this man as my husband, my best friend, the father of our children. 

This man is my team mate. 

It has taken the majority of our 30 years together to finally find us set apart from what garbage we both brought into our relationship.  Not only with each other, but also with God.  It wasn't until about five years ago that Curt finally gave up all of himself and began to live a holy life.  And how he has taken off!   God is growing him and us like a weed!  Curt is drinking in truth and transforming into this awesome spiritual leader that I have prayed for all this time. 

God has shown me that it had to be His time, His way.  Not mine.

Another awesome thing about our Abba is I have no resentment towards Him or Curt on what I thought was taking too long of a time.  I have only joy and celebration because it is so right.  Only God could make Curt and "us"  holy.  And how He has! 

You know, all these years I thought I was the one carrying the load of raising our sons to be followers of Him, that Curt didn't take it as seriously as it is.  He didn't see or acknowledge the spiritual warfare that is surrounding us.  This war that we are involved with at all moments.  That satan wants nothing more than to remove our family from Abba's arms.  I knew that God heard my prayers, that He was walking with me.  I knew He was in control, but I still felt weary from carrying the burden of being the Spiritual leader in our home.  Looking back now, I see that God was the real leader.  I also see how in His amazing way, He has taken all those years that Curt didn't walk in Him, used them for His glory, and developed close relationships with his children In Him.  He holds them accountable in their walk, they come to him for advice - even spiritual.  He prays with and over them regularly. They see and know that Curt is in a deep and intimate relationship with our Abba.

How thankful I am that God has blessed me with another year of celebrating Curt's birth with him.  That we were able to experience this part of the country for the first time, together.  That our vacation was really a vacation.  It was filled with much laughter, conversation, making memories.  I know that the only reason we are at this place in our marriage is that we have chosen to live holy lives in Him - to set ourselves apart from the world. 


When coming upon the Grand Canyon, I couldn't get over the fact that out in the middle of nothing, He created this breathtakingly, awesome crack in the surface of the earth.  How He was showing off in all the colors, textures, shadows, materials.  How He created our vision to be able to drink it all in, even a camera can not duplicate what we see. 

I think back again to our marriage. We were both starving, dying of thirst, living in the desert of life - away from Him.  When we gave our lives totally over to Him, He transformed our marriage into a taste of Heaven.  He made it Holy.


I love that He does that with us.  When we become Holy - He is showing off in all He designed us to be.

His image. 



 

No comments: