Saturday, January 25, 2014

"Buried???" - 01/24/14 - Genesis 35-37

      They turned over to Jacob all the alien gods they'd been holding on to, along with their lucky-charm earrings. Jacob buried them under the oak tree in Shechem.(35:4)


I've always wondered why Jacob didn't destroy the items. 


Object Graveyards: The Afterlife of Everyday Things | WebEcoist



Did you know you can't bury a tire?  I  mean, you can bury it, but it will always work its way back to the surface.  Much like sin does when we try to bury it.  You have to eradicate it from your life. 


Only with His help.  His Word. 


Can't do it alone. 


Part of the process in accepting Christ is to confess, repent.  Not deny, hide, or bury.


In my walk, I have learned the hard way - sin will not stay buried.  Once you think "you" have it mastered, there they are - all those old tires.  Before you know it, you are living in a junkyard of sin, not in the place He created you to be, to live. 


You are the child of The King.  And He is not the king of the junkyard.


Whatever we bury in our hearts, that is what our treasure is.  If we are burying sin, not casting it out, we are essentially "burying our treasure of sin".  The Truth comes out in our Fruits.  Our actions, reactions, responses, thoughts - our true self. 


I have also learned it is only through and in Him, am I able to completely cast out the sins.  They will try to resurrect their ugly heads, but I now wear my Wardrobe from my ABBA.  His "hedge of protection" is about me. 


And He has also taught me, I enjoy living life so much more, in not dealing with old tires, continually resurfacing..........I enjoy living outside of the junk yard.
 

No comments: