Thursday, January 15, 2015

"Tenderized" - 01/15/15 - Job 40-42

"His heart is as hard as a stone, Even as hard as a lower millstone."(41:24)

"give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus".(1 Thessalonians 5:18)

In everything give thanks. In every circumstance - in joy and in sorrow; for everything - for prosperity and for adversity; in every place - in the house of God and on the bed of sickness; Christians should not only be engaged in constant prayer, but in constant thanksgiving; indeed, their prayers should partake largely of the nature of thanksgiving. For this; this thankful spirit. Is the will of God; His desire. In Christ Jesus; the sphere in which this will of God is displayed. Concerning you. God by the gift of His Son has laid us under the obligation of perpetual thanksgiving. Our whole lives ought to be one continued thank-offering for all the blessings of redemption. give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

You know, I used to struggle with this verse in Thessalonian.  Particularly when in a circumstance that wasn't to my liking.  Many a past moment have I become angry over the circumstance, rather than thankful. 

Along with the anger came bitterness.  vengeful thoughts.  unforgiving thoughts.  Very unChristlike thoughts. 

And in the process of not being thankful for the circumstances - my heart was becoming  "hard as a stone, Even as hard as a lower millstone."

Nowadays, I compare unfavorable circumstances to a meat tenderizer.  There are some cuts of meat needing just a bit of tenderizing or require the actual pounding to break down the muscle.  To absorb the seasonings.  To become tender.


My heart - it is just like that cut of meat.  There have been times ABBA has had to beat the tar out of it to make it tender and receiving of His "seasonings".  Those times are fewer and farther in between thankfully, but only because of my heart absorbing the "seasonings" of His Love, forgiveness, grace and mercy.  He has softened my heart through different circumstances and now I am able to truly be thankful at all times.  To look at life and others through His eyes instead of through my hardened heart. 

He has transformed my heart through good and bad circumstances.  All of which I am thankful for. 

No comments: