Thursday, January 08, 2015

"Use Me" - 01/08/15 - Job 17-20

"He's angry with me - oh, how He's angry! He treats me like His worst enemy.(19:11)

Job used to be my least favorite passages to read.  to study.  There seemed to be nothing but unfairness and games with Job being the pawn. 

"God said to Satan, "Have you noticed my friend Job? There's no one quite like him - honest and true to his word, totally devoted to God and hating evil."(1:8)

Anger and bitterness were usually my companions while journeying through the account of Job.  It seemed as though ABBA had more or less thrown him out to the wolves.  And in looking about life, it seemed as though this was something ABBA still did and does.

Using people in the game between Him and satan.

It wasn't until I did an in-depth  study on the book of Job that my eyes were opened up to "the rest of the story".  First off, we are not the ones to tell ABBA what He can and can't do.  If He were the type of God who used people just to use them, which He isn't, He has that right.  He is after all our Creator.  I struggled with the mixed-up image in my mind of our ABBA being of Love, yet allowing such horrors to take place in not only Job's life, but those of other Christians. 

Through this study of Job, my eyes were finally opened up to The Truth.

Job was a mighty warrior.  ABBA was placing His best man in the front line of battle to be an example for all other warriors to follow.  Yes, the account of Job shows us he was completely human at times crying out at the unfairness of it all, crying over his losses after living a life devoted to ABBA, but it also shows us how He never fell away from ABBA.  It shows us how we are to stay focused on our ABBA and follow His lead.  Even when in the midst of the battle. 

Job reminds me over and over, it isn't in the midst of the battle I am going to be spending eternity.  The war has already been won through our Savior, Jesus Christ, and I am a warrior to be used in the battles for remaining lost souls. 

Through Job I have learned to count it a blessing to be used by our ABBA.  It is a sign He sees me as a mighty warrior for Him. 

but the lord said to him peace do not be afraid you are not going to ...



No comments: