Friday, September 18, 2015

"His Sea of Joy" - 09/18/15 - Ezra 4-6, Psalm 137

"Then the Israelites who had returned from exile, along with everyone who had removed themselves from the defilements of the nations to join them and seek God, the God of Israel, ate the Passover.      With great joy they celebrated the Feast of Unraised Bread for seven days.
 
God had plunged them into a sea of joy."(6:21-22)


The reward of remaining steadfast in their work of rebuilding the temple.  No matter the circumstances, the people they came up against, the situations.  They remained true to ABBA.


They remained focused on Him.


They remained on course to following His lead.  His ways. 


Him.


In Him we are His Temple where He resides.  Within us.  We are part of His great commission,
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of The Father and of The Son and of The Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."(Matthew 28:19-20)


How often do we allow ourselves to take our focus off of His commission and stop "building"?  How often do we set aside our tools and go off into the world for a time of serving "self"?  I strive not to each moment of my days for I am so in love with ABBA, I desire to please Him continually.  (Unfortunately, there are many times I don't). 


When my life is said and done, I want to be one "who had returned from exile, along with everyone who had removed themselves from the defilements of the nations to join them and seek God ate the Passover."


 "With great joy they celebrated the Feast of Unraised Bread".


"God had plunged them into a sea of joy."


I love the word picture we are given here for His followers.  There is nothing like diving into the cool waters and feeling them remove the heat of the day from your body.  To feel the coolness refresh you.  To ride the waves, build sand castles, to delight in His nature. 


You see, I am so looking forward to going swimming with His family - for eternity.
In The Sea Of Joy.

No comments: