Monday, October 26, 2015

"His Control" - 10/26/15 - Luke 16:1-17:10

"His Control" - 10/26/15 - Luke 16:1-17:10
"Ah, I've got a plan. Here's what I'll do . . ."(16:4)

There are times I try to take the bull by the horn and run the show.  To live life on my plan or my schedule.

And each and every time I find - it just doesn't happen.
 
ABBA has shown me, (so many times it is quite embarrassing) He is in control.
Everything is His way - His time. 
There aren't any exceptions. 
None.

It used to be I had our work schedule down to minutes.  And something would always happen to throw things off, resulting in my being anxious about finishing things up when I deemed they should be done.  I wasn't taking time to visit with our clients, it was all about getting on and off the property to keep "my" schedule.


Then "my Curt" came to work with me. 
 
"My Curt" is the PR of our company.  Although he is a very hard worker, one of the greatest blessings he gives is in having a cup of coffee in one hand while standing and visiting with a client.  I am thankful this is his gift, for it isn't mine.  I don't like coffee. 

ABBA has opened my eyes to see in actual reality it is my pride. 
What I wasn't liking was "my" schedule was being rearranged.

ABBA was putting persons in my path for Him to use me and I wasn't responding to His lead.  He was putting all sorts of obstacles in my way, from flat tires to equipment problems.  He was actually hitting me over the head. 

He has used "my Curt" to help me see the work will get done when it gets done. 
 
ABBA has opened my eyes to see my life here isn't about the business He has given us, it is about using "His" business for His purpose - to reach out to people.  "His" business is putting us at a persons home, on a regular basis, some of them for over 18 years.  "His" business is drawing us into the lives of others so they have become much more than a client, but a friend.  Someone whom we share life with. 

So, I am again reminded, while thinking about all the work He has lined up for us to do and we are heading into the 11th month of the year, this is about His plans.  Not mine.  One way He uses me is to pray for these persons while working on their property.  Since doing this, He has given me the blessings of seeing His work in action as they have come to or become closer to Christ.  It is such an honor to pray for these persons. 

As in all of life - His time.  His way.
Anxiety gone.  Faith growing.
Hearing Him say, ""Ah, I've got a plan. Here's what I'll do . . ."
 

No comments: