Saturday, October 31, 2015

"Living Recklessly" - 10/31/15 - Mark 11, John 12


"In the same way, anyone who holds on to life just as it is, destroys that life. But if you let it go, reckless in your love, you’ll have it forever, real and eternal."(John 12:25)


Forgiveness God's way - when thought about from a human perspective doesn't make sense.  We think that revenge, defensiveness, rightful anger, cutting a person off, are the way to retaliate to someone who has hurt us. 

I have finally recognized my unChrislike reaction towards persons who offend me is actually because buttons were/are being pressed which most often has nothing to do with the moment. ABBA has opened my eyes in seeing this type of reaction to the "pushing of these buttons" is because I haven't completely forgiven something which has already occurred.  

Amazing how much power "something" can be given if we choose to hold onto it. 

In the past few years, through different occurrences, God continually teaches me.  He is having me face issues I had not yet forgiven.  He threw back the rug I had been sweeping the pain, anger, bitterness under.  Thinking they were hidden by my smile, my clinging to the Word - but they weren't. 

God has a way of allowing us to walk around or over the bump in the rug - for awhile.  Then He has us deal with it - His time, His way. 

Most times His ways don't make much sense - they are usually opposite of everything the world claims is the "right way" or the best way to protect ourselves.  His ways seem to leave us even more vulnerable, more exposed. 

But - when you follow His ways - there is such a true freedom in Him. 

He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard—things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity.
We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people.
We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely.

 Legalism is helpless in bringing this about; it only gets in the way.

Among those who belong to Christ,
everything connected with getting our own way and mindlessly responding to what everyone else calls necessities

is killed off for good—crucified."(Galatians 5:22-23)

I recognized the way I was trying to hold onto "my" ways were killing my life for what it could be when living His way. I was literally choking the life out of life - much like holding water in the palm of my hand.  It still seeps away until nothing is left.  Holding onto "not forgiving" was hardening my heart, creating bitterness, anger, self-righteousness and self pride.

Creating a wall between Him and myself.

My prayer for years has been for Him to remove all evil from my heart - and He has/is. 
How exciting through Him I am able to forgive. 

Yes, there are times when my instant gut reaction is thinking "my way" works.  And when I stop and choose to walk as He instructs,  it still blows my mind seeing the results of His way.

"But if you let it go, reckless in your love,"
To truly live life.  To be intimate with Him. 

It is amazing how living His way really is true love - a love that keeps growing and consuming my heart.  Knowing with everything I am it is His True and Holy Love which   "I’ll have it forever, real and eternal"

I decided to let go - living reckless in my love,

No comments: