Sunday, October 11, 2015

"Shine Brightly" - 10/11/15 - Matthew 12:22-50, Luke 11

"A constantly squabbling family falls to pieces. If Satan cancels Satan, is there any Satan left? You accuse me of ganging up with the Devil, the prince of demons, to cast out demons, but if you’re slinging devil mud at me, calling me a devil who kicks out devils, doesn’t the same mud stick to your own exorcists? But if it’s God’s finger I’m pointing that sends the demons on their way, then God’s kingdom is here for sure." (Luke 11:17-20)

His Word is a reflection of Him. 
Those in Christ are  to be a reflection of Him. 
A mirror for which we are able to look into. 

How many times when we look into that mirror, we see the ugliness of self looking back?  What an opportunity to grow in Him.  And yet, more often than not, we sling mud.  Trying to cover up the image of Christ, so our image looks better. 

They say, that which bothers you most about someone, is what bothers God, and ourselves, most about what make up "us". 

Generally, we do not like accountability nor do we welcome it.  It is hard to let go, admit, see our faults.  I pray in each mud slinging event I encounter, whether it be myself slinging or someone else, I learn the lesson ABBA is providing for me.  If there is "self" getting in the way of His image - I don't want to cover it up with mud - I want to be rid of it! 

“This is war, and there is no neutral ground. If you’re not on my side, you’re the enemy; if you’re not helping, you’re making things worse."(Luke 11:23) 
 
I don't want to be dressed in mud, I want to wear His Armor. 

May I take the mud slung at me, as water on a ducks back.
Never forgetting this is a spiritual war and it isn't about "me". 
May I remember the times I have slung mud,
thinking it was at another, remember it is actually at my Savior I am throwing the mud. 
May I remember He has covered me with His grace, mercy and forgiveness and love. 
When I deserved to be covered with mud.
May I never hide the Lamp of His Light, with my "self". 
May I not sling the mud of bitterness, anger, revenge, etc. 
May I be a reflection of Him drawing others to be on the winning side.







“No one lights a lamp, then hides it in a drawer. It’s put on a lamp stand so those entering the room have light to see where they’re going. Your eye is a lamp, lighting up your whole body. If you live wide-eyed in wonder and belief, your body fills up with light. If you live squinty-eyed in greed and distrust, your body is a dank cellar. Keep your eyes open, your lamp burning, so you don’t get musty and murky. Keep your life as well-lighted as your best-lighted room.”(Luke 11:33-36)

No comments: