Saturday, June 24, 2017

"In His Family" - 06/24/17 - Zechariah 1-7



"Well, the message hasn't changed. God-of-the-Angel-Armies said then and says now: "'Treat one another justly. Love your neighbors. Be compassionate with each other.  Don't take advantage of widows, orphans, visitors, and the poor. Don't plot and scheme against one another - that's evil.'  (7:9-10)


I think about all of the people in our lives, some for many seasons, and have to sit back, undo my top button, because my life is so full. 

He has taken strangers and created His family.  The freedom with them to be myself, to know without doubt I am loved, accepted, treasured, cherished, is a gift I wouldn't trade for anything in the world.  The joy of knowing and hearing encouragement, delighting in the blend of "us" as we share and create new moments and memories.  The security and peace of acceptance, being lifted up and not torn down, seeing me as I am - His. 

The blessings of being surrounded by Him through His family.

Innumerable. 

It is only by being "in" Him and surrounded with His family we are able to endure the tortures satan throws up at us.  Being a part of His family is not only loving each other through Him, we hold each other accountable, grow, nurture, replenish, and refresh us. 


How very blessed am I.  My cup runneth over.
Being a part of His family.  Heartsmile.






No comments: