Saturday, August 19, 2017

"He Is - The Hope" - 08/19/17 - Ruth 1-4




"But Ruth said, "Don't force me to leave you; don't make me go home. Where you go, I go; and where you live, I'll live. Your people are my people, your God is my god; where you die, I'll die, and that's where I'll be buried, so help me God—not even death itself is going to come between us!"(1:16-17)

What a wonderful vow to take to our Father from our heart. 

To become His hook, line, and sinker.  To be totally sold out for Him - in the good and bad times.  When life is going along with no bumps  or when every step you take is met with an obstacle. 

We read today where Naomi changed her name to Mara - which means Bitter. 

I pray that no matter what steps we are to take in this life, we will not lose focus of His face.  That we will not become Mara - bitter.  That we will always know The Hope.  Time after time in Scripture, He gives us the promise of The Hope.  That He is in total control and we are in the palm of His hand. 

Thankfully, Naomi refocused and saw the hope God gave her before her life ended here on earth. 

"Naomi said to her daughter-in-law, "Why, God bless that man! God hasn't quite walked out on us after all! He still loves us, in bad times as well as good!" (2:20) 

I pray during the times when we lose focus on His face, to quickly refocus on His Hope.  To not live out life in Bitterness. 

There are days when I think about the time our Savior was separated from our ABBA.  His ABBA.  

The time He had taken upon Himself all of our sins.  Those three days of in between.  Those days which brought about the end of the war. 

It was the days before He overcame death and satan.  

With each new breath of air we are given a new beginning.  It is our decision to live in The Hope of our Savior or in the bitterness of the world.

We have been given The Hope to live as though each moment is our Easter. 







No comments: