Sunday, January 27, 2013

"His Voice" - ‎01/27/13 - Job 30:1-31:40

“I shout for help, God, and get nothing, no answer! (30:20)

How very, very thankful I am that even when I whisper His name, He is there.  That I can hear His voice, even through the noise of the world.  I couldn't make it without Him, without His voice, without His Word.  Wouldn't even want to try.

I so pray that I will continue to grow forward in Him when I find myself in situations that I come up against.  That instead of self preservation - I will grab onto His Hand knowing He won't let go.  That the moments when I struggle between writing someone off or loving them as Christ does - His way will prevail. 


It is only through Him that I am able to succeed at this.  He is transforming my heart.  I really don't respond as I used to.  I don't feel the anger or defensiveness I once did.  Instead, I feel an incredible sadness - I weep because sin makes Him weep.  He opens my eyes to evil, and I find myself hating the sin.  Not wanting to be a part of it.  Things that once tempted me - repulse me.  Places I wanted to belong to no longer hold that charm. 

Even more so, I am thankful I know His voice.  That when He speaks, I listen, I trust, I strive to obey.  I yearn to hear His voice, I desire to have Him direct me.  I grow from His encouragement, I am secure and safe in His Words of love. 

  He has rescued me. 

1 comment:

Janis Cox said...

Thanks for putting in your link on Sunday Stillness. It worked.
Blessings,
Janis