Friday, July 17, 2015

"His Light Covers Me" - 07/17/15 - Isaiah 23-27

Through the night my soul longs for You. Deep from within me my spirit reaches out to You. (26:9)


 I remember one day while working in Adam's home, I was reminded again of what living in the city was like. Bits of conversations drifted in with His cool breeze through the open windows. Children laughing across the alley, as they played. The one side of a woman's conversation who stood talking on her cell phone from her front porch. A man talking and walking his dog. Life was going on about this little house I was helping make into a home for our son.
 It was dark when I went to my car to head home. The neighborhood was quiet, settled in for the night. I had smiled as I looked at the home on the corner, knowing inside were three pieces of my heart.  A few houses up were four more.  I stood and prayed silently, not only for them, but all the persons in homes up and down the block.
 
How His love covers me, His joy overflows within me, just as the darkness does every night covering the homes like a blanket. I had forgotten the peace of walking through a sleeping place filled with people lined up next to each other. People who ABBA has placed our Adam to live in the midst of. People who are part of our Divine Appointments. It's so exciting to think about  those He has lined up to be part of our journey here.
 
"Through the night my soul longs for You. Deep from within me my spirit reaches out to You."- there on that sidewalk - He covers me as the night light covered the people around me.
 
 

No comments: