Friday, July 03, 2015

"True Freedom In Him" - 07/03/15 - 2 Kings 9-11

"You are to destroy the house of Ahab your master, and I will avenge the blood of my servants the prophets and the blood of all THE LORD's servants shed by Jezebel." (9;7)

How easy it would be to slip into a funk while reading these scriptures.  To focus on all the war, destruction, betrayal, death, falling away from our ABBA.

As easy as it would be to do the same, while reading of the events occurring in the world today.

I was thinking about how the walk with ABBA is so narrow at times and how easily we can slip and slide right down into the pit of sin.  There are moments when the temptations are so overbearing, I feel I am walking toe to heel, just to stay on the path. (No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it. Corinthians 10:13)

Thankfully, I know the end of the "story". 

It is there I place my attention so not to become overwhelmed by the "bad".  I know our ABBA has won this war and is only allowing the battles to continue in hopes for more souls.  More souls to make the choice to follow Him.  To go and make disciples for Him. 
                           
There are moments I am so aware He could have placed me in any place, in any year, to live this life.  I am so thankful ABBA has placed me in the USA - today. All the wars recorded in the passages have caused me to be aware - again -  of the blessings we have in our freedoms.

Freedom which has come and continues to be at the cost of much blood, sweat, tears, from those who served our country. 

For those men and women, their families, I am so grateful. 

I am  praying they may be have a safe and blessed day tomorrow, celebrating our Freedom. 
Freedom in living in the USA. 
For all persons I am praying they will know the Eternal Freedom which comes from living in our ABBA

Eternal Freedom we receive at the cost of our Savior. No greater LOVE. No greater Freedom.

No comments: