Thursday, December 31, 2015

"Complete Heaven" - 12/31/15 - Revelation 20-22



"I saw Heaven and earth new-created. Gone the first Heaven, gone the first earth, gone the sea.        
I saw Holy Jerusalem, new-created, descending resplendent out of Heaven, as ready for God as a bride for her husband.        

I heard a voice thunder from the Throne: "Look! Look! God has moved into the neighborhood, making His home with men and women! They're His people, He's their God.        
He'll wipe every tear from their eyes.
Death is gone for good - tears gone, crying gone, pain gone -
all the first order of things gone."(21:1-4)
 
Another last day.  Another year will have passed in just a few hours and it seemed just a few days ago it began.  Another day tomorrow, God willing, will bring in the year of 2016.  2016.  I can remember thinking in the 80's that seemed like an eternity away.  So far away at that time, being in the 50's seemed to be impossibly old.  How that way of thinking has changed.
 
There are moments when it is hard for me to let go.  It is hard for me to comprehend the blessings I have here on earth are just a mild taste of those to come when in Heaven.  It is hard for me not to take and focus on the joys I have here, instead of focusing on Eternity.

My "Taste of Heaven" here fills so much of me, many times I don't want to let it go.  Why?  Because there are more times often than not,  I am just plain out selfish.  When I am focusing on me and getting my voids filled by persons and things, rather than letting go in anticipation of Eternity.  In my trying to hang onto these "Taste of Heaven", I become like a self-centered child.  When the unfairness of life steps in - and it will - anger, bitterness, unforgiveness seeps in as I focus more on what I don't have, instead of what He has blessed me with. 

These past few days my heart is so full.  The gift of having all of us together - at any given time - any place.  Days which have flown by in a blur, as we prepare for the engagement party this Saturday. 
 
Bittersweet will be this Saturday for me. 
 
I rejoice in celebration knowing in 2016 will be the beginning of our Adam, Ashley, Charlie and Ella as a family unit.  I am so thankful the women our sons have chosen, Amber and Ashley, have brought about an even stronger unity within our family.  I delight in the gift of another daughter-in-love to become a part of my heart.  (I smile knowing she and hers already have.)  I am excited about this new role as grandma to our Charlie and Ella.  I am so thankful for the VanCamp family we have become a part of as they opened their hearts to all of us. My heart overflows with the many who love and share life with me.  I am so blessed.
 
And in the same moments I am struggling knowing early Sunday morning, again we will be separated by the several hundred miles as Nichalas and Amber make their way back to Arizona.  I struggle knowing it will be many weeks before the short time of my "Taste of Heaven" being together happens again. 
 
In His own special way, ABBA helps me see, my clinging onto "the Taste of Heaven" moments, is a hindrance to not only myself, but to others.  When I do, I am putting a burden on others to fill my void.  I am to cherish those moments, not allow them to fill my God-void. When I want the moments not to end, my feet are stuck in that place.   
 
How much He has helped me see (again) in His using our children where they are planted, near or far, they are leading others to Him.  Others that see no other "Christ", except when experiencing life with our kids.  In my selfishness of wanting them here, wrapped up in my life, I am missing the point of why we are here.  If my selfishness were to become reality, it would prohibit their growth in and for our ABBA.  For themselves and others.
 
Eternity. 
 
Eternity is coming.  Eternity is a time of being together 24/7 celebrating true Heaven, not just a taste.  Eternity in Heaven is a time for no more tears.  no more sorrows.  no more pain.  no more separation.  It is a time of Eternity with the God void completely, totally filled because we will be with Him.  Face to face. 
 
I read the verses today and He realigns my focus once more.  Sweeping away the bitter in the sweet.
 
"He who testifies to all these things says it again: "I'm on my way! I'll be there soon!" Yes! Come, Master Jesus!
       
The grace of The Master Jesus be with all of you. Oh, Yes!"(22:20-21)
 
 

No comments: