Wednesday, December 16, 2015

"Of Being Yourself" - 12/16/15 - I Timothy 5 - 2 Timothy 4


" but it's the rich simplicity of being yourself before God."(6:6)

I really can't think of anything more exhausting than pretending to be someone you are not. 
 
In so many ways it leads to self-destruction.  How often are we guilty of trying to impress someone with things, status, lifestyle, all at the cost of whom we really are.  How often do we believe just being ourselves isn't enough.  How often do we doubt that who ABBA made us to be is sorely lacking and won't be enough to be accepted. 

Not only with other persons, but even with our ABBA.

Right up there with the blessing of the gifts in knowing my Salvation is paid for by Christ, in knowing I am covered with His Grace, Mercy, Forgiveness, is also knowing the time spent with my ABBA -  He wants me only to be "myself".

To finally comprehend He knows my heart through and through.  Any mask I put on, He sees "me" behind it. No longer do I have to hide away parts of me I think are totally unacceptable, He already knows and accepts me anyway. No longer do I think my words are ones He doesn't want to be bothered with, but instead He desires to hear each and every one.  No longer do I have to have a "stiff upper lip", He cries with me and captures each tear in a bottle.  No longer do I believe I am out in this world alone, He has me in the palm of His Hand, totally controlling all of life. 

Simply being "myself".  With Him. Sharing all of living this life as the woman He created me to be.
 
This is what He desires.
 
 Such a gift has been given to each one of "us". Knowing our ABBA wants nothing more, nothing less, than "us".

"the rich simplicity"...............

No comments: