Thursday, December 24, 2015

"Truly Blessed" - 12/24/15 - I John



"But you belong. The Holy One anointed you, and you all know it."(2:20)
Within the next few hours the sounds of Christmas music filtering through the silence in our home will be replaced with the voices and laughter of the parts of our hearts.  We will be celebrating the birth of our Savior. 

I am thankful for the trials and tribulations in my life.  They have made me to be one who is aware and always counting the many blessings raining down upon me.  Because of our unexpected trip to Texas I am even more aware of what this Christmas could have been like. 

In my prayers this morning for my Curt.  For the many years we have shared and pray for many more.  For the way he jumps in, runs the vacuum, dust, so I am able to study, to cook.  Most of all for how He completes me.

I thanked my ABBA for Adam, Ashley, Charlie, and Ella.  For the excitement of having little ones around the tree once again.  I hadn't realized how much I missed this until shopping for them, putting their gifts under the tree, anticipating their joy in playing with what they will receive.

 I thanked my ABBA once again for preventing Nichalas and Amber of an accident.  An accident when reviewing all the facts, should have occurred. 

I thanked my ABBA for the many other parts of my heart.  Who fill my life.  Who make memories with me.  Who love me. 

All of these thoughts ran through my mind while reading I John.  John in whom Love saturates all of his words.  John who implores us to "love one another". 

It seems the Christmas season is usually an emotional roller coaster ride.  Bringing about memories.  Making of new memories.  Some wonderful.  Some not so much.  I am thankful for where our ABBA has brought me on this day.  I am thankful for who He has made me to be on my journey thus far.  I am thankful for how He has used all things, all happenings, all of it, to transform my heart to Love. 

I am thankful for The Blessing of my Savior.  My Savior who has given me the bestest gift of all. 

LOVE.  Merry CHRISTmas. 

No comments: