Tuesday, June 21, 2016

"Relying In Him" - 06/22/16 - I Kings 15:1-24, 2 Chronicles 13-16



"Because they relied on The Lord God ."(2 Chronicles 13:18)


As I flung the dead rabbit into the woods from the end of my shovel, I felt something brush against my upper arm.  I didn't see any blood or other matter as I checked for what had hit me.  Walking away from the edge of the woods, I was again caught up in prayers for Lucas, Natalie, the babies, and for all those hearts who are involved. When I reached for my glasses that were hanging from the neckline of my shirt, I realized instantly what had brushed against my arm.  I was soon standing back at the spot where the tall grasses were matted down from my feet. 

After several minutes of  looking through the overgrown underbrush, I prayed out loud,  "Daddy, I am going to need your help in this one."  He answered immediately as I looked down and the lens reflected the last of the evening sunlight.  As I picked them up I heard Him say, "I am able to take care of your glasses and those babies.  Rest in me my child."

Lucas and Natalie Zimmerman.  Lucas whom I took care of with his brother, Jacob, beginning when they were two and five.  These two brothers who have grown up with our Adam and Nichalas.  Two families who have "shared" sons all these years.  Sons who are now men and still as brothers.

Right this moment Natalie is in St. John's Hospital in Springfield, IL.  Others, Jacob, Nichalas and Amber are there as well.  The doctors are doing everything they can to stop her premature labor in order for Brynlee and Malia to do some more growing in their mama's womb before joining their big brother, Abel, at home.  Five days minimum is the goal for tonight.  Amazing isn't our ABBA.  Knowing it takes nine months for a baby to grow, yet in just five days enough will happen to ease the doctors concerns. 

It was there, in reading of the account of wars Asa, king of Judah, would be involved in, that His verse caught my heart, "Because they relied on The Lord God ."  That is exactly what He wants us to do.  To rely on Him.  During all of the living of this life. 

His family numbers are more than we are able to count. We have been given so many tools to band together and lift others up to Him.  So many are praying for this little family.  In all steps of living, so many are praying for each other.  Talking to our ABBA. And knowing - He listens.  To each and every word.  "In the same way The Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but The Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of The Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God."(Romans 8:26-27)  

What hope there is knowing we are not alone.  Ever.  What blessings rain down upon us from each other. What security there is in knowing, without doubt, our ABBA is in total control. 

In all ways.  For always. 

"For The Eyes of The Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him." (2 Chronicles 16:9)



No comments: