Friday, June 10, 2016

"Uniquely Made" - 06/10/16 - 1 Kings 7; 2 Chronicles 4


 
 
"Now King Solomon sent and brought Hiram from Tyre.
He was a widow's son from the tribe of Naphtali, and his father was a man of Tyre, a worker in bronze;

and he was filled with wisdom and understanding and skill for doing any work in bronze.

So he came to King Solomon and performed all his work." (1 Kings 7:14)




You know, I can mow a mean yard.  

I can cook a decent meal.  
I can keep a pretty clean and organized home (most times).
I can keep the books and do the billing for His business.


When I get to thinking about it, there are a lot of things I can do.  

But.  there are even more things I can not do.

If I allow myself to focus on the "can not do", instead of the "can do", I could become very discouraged.  very bitter.  very jealous.  

Our ABBA has given us each gifts and talents.  He has given us each the same amount of time in a day.  He has given us His Word to gain Wisdom.  and discernment.  

He has given us each the ability to "know" where and how He needs us to be in His body.  

It is so easy to fall victim to the game of "compare".  To think what we are able to do isn't worth much.  To look at others and see ourselves as "less than".  Not as "good as".  nor as "talented".  We haven't a clue what goes on in most persons lives, yet continually we put them above us on the comparison chart.  

And then we believe, there isn't anything about ourselves our ABBA is able to use.  

That. is. a. lie.

Each of us is invaluable to Him.   Each of us is an important and essential part of His body.  Each of us  - He uses for His glory.  

Instead of looking at the "can not do", look eagerly for His Divine Appointments which only "you" are able to "can do". 
 
 
He has put "you" in the exact place. 
at the exact time. 
with the exact person. 
and needs all that "only" you "can do".        
 
 
 
 
 
 
  

No comments: