Friday, September 23, 2016

"Continuing Onward" - 09/23/16 - Nehemiah 1-5


"So I went up the valley in the dark - continuing"(2:15)


There are times when we are reminded of the valleys we have journeyed through.  Some moments, places, words, are able to take us back and we then stand at a crossroad.  We can either go down the "valley of memories", sinking into a pity party, picking up doubt and shame, considering His Word is not Truth, or we can turn and place our focus on our ABBA. 


 "In the dark, continuing".  Continuing onward.  Or continuing to stay.


I find it isn't a coincidence when reminded of those dark valleys,  My ABBA gives me strength and courage.  Be it through His Words coming over the radio through numerous Christian artists,  His colors in the turning crops against the beautiful sky, reminding me He designed and created beauty in all.  He has given me His Words in my heart to remind me, "I am His Beloved". 


Through Him my eyes have been opened to His blessings continually falling down upon me, casting off the darkness.  The songs, the sermons, bright eyes and hugs, words spoken by others, to the simple thing of finding chicken breast on sale for $.99 a pound.  Everywhere my eyes fall upon, I am reminded of how much He loves me.   
 
It was time to head out to Adam's football game and I debated about staying home.  It had been a long day and honestly, lounging on the couch sounded really good.  The sun had sunk below the horizon as Curt and I made our way over the hill.  I could see Adam, Jacob, and the other players on the field below as they fought for the ball.  Sitting between them and me on the bleachers were three more parts of my heart.  


With the lights illuminating their outlines, I knew He was shinning down upon them too, pointing out to me, telling me, "these people are part of your many blessings".  Two bright eyes sparkling in delight, her smile covering her face as she pointed at me.  Within seconds Ella was running up the hill towards me calling, "Grandma Deby".  Following close behind was her older brother, Charlie.  It amazes me how little children love so freely.  And how I delight in this gift.


There at the end of my day was my treasure.  part of my family.  Adam,Ashley, Charlie and Ella.  Our ABBA then added to the mix a phone call with Nichalas and Amber.      


Our ABBA.  Our Savior.  The Holy Spirit.  His Word. 


Always, always there - bringing delighted Light into darkness. 


"I said, "God, God-of-Heaven, The Great and Awesome God, loyal to His covenant and faithful to those who love Him and obey His commands(1:5)   
How He so blesses me.   

No comments: