Sunday, September 25, 2016

"Wowed" - 09/25/16 - Nehemiah 8-10

Blessed be your glorious name,
    exalted above all blessing and praise!
You’re the one,
    God, you alone;
You made the heavens,
    the heavens of heavens, and all angels;
The earth and everything on it,
    the seas and everything in them;
You keep them all alive;
    heaven’s angels worship you!" (9:5-6)


There are moments when I am outside looking at the sky and am just "wowed" by His paintbrush.  His creativity.  My breath is taken away as the waves of clouds make their way across the expanse of the horizon.  Shapes take the form of imaginary creatures, buildings, places.  The other night at sunset they looked like a city shining out with His Glory.  I wondered if it was just a taste of what Heaven would look like.
 


There are nights, I will be standing before our dining room window, looking out at our nighttime landscape lit up by His huge full moon.   I love His living canvas. Sometimes I will be sitting on the back steps listening to His sounds. Drinking in the light of the moon, which is shining so brightly through the lacy design of the clouds, as they waltz across the sky. Even the scent of a skunk, wafting through the air, is unable to spoil the beauty of the night. 
 
 It is moments like these I see how great is His love. How great is He, who created all of nature for our enjoyment. What an Awesome ABBA we have. His greatness brings me to my knees in worship. The crispness of the night wraps around me, much as The Holy Spirit wraps around my heart, my soul, my mind. Even though the huge vastness of the skies are above me, His Word comes to mind, giving me comfort and closeness. I know He is here, with and within me, on our back steps.

Delighting in me - delighting in Him.

Take a moment and admire His nature. He loves showing off for you.
 
 
 

No comments: