Sunday, January 29, 2012

01/29/12 Only Him

Job 37:23-24 "Mighty God! Far beyond our reach! Unsurpassable in power and justice!
It's unthinkable that he'd treat anyone unfairly.
So bow to him in deep reverence, one and all! If you're wise, you'll most certainly worship him."

How thankful I am that the words Elihu spoke were not all correct. How thankful I am that you are within reach - that you live within me. That you are not a distant god who sits on his throne raining down fire/brimstone. I love that you are my Daddy.

One who delights in me, who desires to be with me, to know me, share all with, who is proud of me, who I know I make your heart smile. One who loves me and looks upon me as I do our own children.

I am so thankful for how you are growing me. The persons you have given to me as "family". This morning with Kathy, my sister in you. Last night with our "family group" just eating and bowling. True family.

It so amazes me how people can reject you, your Word, the life you desire for them. How they can not follow you - run after you. I've been there. I know what it is like to live in the world of darkness. Never, ever do I wish to return to the place outside of you. And what comfort I receive from your grace/mercy. Knowing, even in my faults, you still envelope me. Christ blood has/does cover me - completely. What freedom there is in that. Yes, I need accountability. I need your direction. But, in you there isn't any should have's, guilting, or destruction. You build me up - you fortify me - you cleanse me. How and why would anyone not want you?

I continue to pray for the one to disciple. To look through your eyes. What I do see happening as I pray for this, watch for this, is that more often than not - you are my focus. Everywhere I go I see it as a moment, an encounter to share you. I pray you'll continue to use me to grab those outside of you from the grasp of satan. To introduce them to the most wonderful life ever.

Please help me to step back and let you. That I will not be seen or heard - only you.

No comments: