Tuesday, January 31, 2012

01/31/12 -- my Healer

Job 42:12-15 God blessed Job's later life even more than his earlier life. He ended up with fourteen thousand sheep, six thousand camels, one thousand teams of oxen, and one thousand donkeys. He also had seven sons and three daughters. He named the first daughter Dove, the second, Cinnamon, and the third, Darkeyes. There was not a woman in that country as beautiful as Job's daughters. Their father treated them as equals with their brothers, providing the same inheritance.

Again, as I read how God blessed Job even more than before, I wonder did he struggle to be thankful? Was he afraid at times it would be ripped from him again? He had to of mourned his other children. Was his wife bitter?

I know I grieved over the loss of our two babies. At times, I think about how old they'd be today, wonder what they would look like, be doing, how different our lives would have been with them here. I know one day we'll all be together again. And yet, I feel sad and realize I am being selfish for they are in a far, far better place. They are with God. Perhaps that is how Job felt.

Paul writes we are to be thankful for all things. We are promised all things work for His glory. If I focus on me - what I missed out on - then my selfishness over shadows the fact the kids are with you. You know best. In all things I am trying to be thankful. Trust in you - even when it hurts. Focus on you - to get through this journey. Faith that you want the best for me. Treasure your Word within my heart to strengthen me when I get down.

You are my healer.

No comments: