Monday, January 30, 2012

01/30/12 - Let it go

Job 40:4,5 "I'm speechless, in awe—words fail me. I should never have opened my mouth! I've talked too much, way too much. I'm ready to shut up and listen."

Sadly, I find comfort that even Job had the same problem I have - flappy mouth. Two ears - one mouth - for a reason.

How often do I ignore the Holy Spirit prodding me to shut up. Hear your voice telling me to, "let it go Deby". See how Christ forgave and gave mercy/grace and I don't. I am trying!

Reading your words throughout chapters 38-40 - You are I AM. And yet, I still take you for granted, see my "self" as the center of this world. How many times my one mouth overcomes the work of two eyes. Focus - Focus is the key.

I pray that I may change my focus to you. Whenever I am feeling that my "self" isn't getting the fair end of things, the respect, buttons pushed, all the things satan shoots at me. What he wallows in. I pray that my focus will remain on you. To be as Christ.

How often I come away from a "floppy mouth" session feeling physically sick in the pit of my stomach. How often I pray to change - over and over - and still - you love me. You encourage me. You help me. You strengthen me.

Your Word - how it fortifies me.

Two eyes - two ears - one mouth - for a reason...........

No comments: